Lavender is now offering a 10 day program that helps parents transition into life at home with their newborns. Your program is customized to your needs, and may involve daytime, overnight, or round the clock care.
Did you know….that your insurance company may cover the cost of a newborn care nurse? Many people aren’t aware of this benefit, so we encourage all clients to check with their insurance carrier about postpartum care coverage.
What’s included in the 10 day program?
- Comprehensive newborn care
- Light postpartum care: monitoring C-section recovery, ensuring proper nutrition, etc
- Breastfeeding support: assistance with latching on, pumping, storing milk
- Overnight care and guidance in establishing bedtime routine
- Assistance with first bath
- Record keeping in daily log: feedings, baths, meds, etc
- Emotional support
- Baby Calming techniques
- Reading to Baby
- Tummytime exercises
- Nursery organization and maintenance
- Infant massage instruction
- Referrals to community resources as needed
- Car seat safety tutorial
- CPR instruction (optional)
- 3 months of phone and email support after the 10 day program
- Follow up visits from your nurse, if local
Interested? Here are your next steps:
- Fill out our information form
- Contact your insurance to check on postpartum care benefits.
Let Lavender find an expert nurse whose availability and location matches your needs.